Who we are
Our website address is: http://releafclinics.co.za.
Website Privacy Statement
Your privacy is incredibly important to us. How we process and handle your personal information is explained in this policy to comply with the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013 (“POPI”).
You may disable the collection of cookies on your browser and you may browse the internet and our website incognito. It is a function easy to engage on your browser. We will not use your personal information for any other purpose without your permission.
Categories Of Information We Collect and Process
Releaf Clinics collects and processes personal information in a manner that is reasonable, adequate, relevant, non-excessive and purpose-specific. When you access our website, register as a user and/ or purchase any goods and/ or services from us, we have to collect and process your personal information to render our services to you. To do so, we may collect inter alia the following categories of personal information:
- Your name and surname;
- Your email address;
- Your telephone number;
- Physical address;
- Billing address;
- Your banking details; and/ or
- Other information used to create your user account and/ or for shipping and/ or delivery purposes.
Should your personal information change or you wish to amend and/ or correct your personal information, you can do so by updating your user information in your account profile or contacting Releaf Clinics directly for assistance in this regard.
Collection And Processing of Personal Information
When you access our website, we process your personal information to render our services to you and by doing so, we may receive log information, through online identifiers, including information on how, when and for how long you use our website and other services, as well as the content you view and search queries you submit.
We may also receive information about the equipment or device you use to access or use our website, how you access our website, your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol address, the geographic location from which you accessed our website, including your device’s global positioning system signal and information about nearby Wi-Fi networks and cell towers, which are obtained when you use location-enabled services and other information about you from third parties, such as social media.
You are not obliged to supply any personal information that you want to keep private. If you purchase goods and services on our website and you do not wish to provide either your telephone number or email address, communication with you will be restricted. However, if you do not provide a method to communicate with you, we will not be able to process your order.
Please note that we only request your banking details to accept your payment/s electronically through PayFast. If for any reason you consent to give us your bank details, we shall retain those details only for as long as it is necessary to carry out the purpose for which you provided us with the details.
All personal information you provide us depends on your consent to give that information. Even after you have given us any personal information, you may request we remove your personal information from our database.
We do not collect personal information about you from other sources. If you have concerns about the personal information we request on our website, you may address these concerns with the Information Officer of Releaf Clinics. The details of the Information Officer are set out at the end of this policy.
You warrant that the information you have provided is accurate, current, true and correct and that does not impersonate or misrepresent any person, entity or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with anyone or anything.
We keep your personal information on a secure server. However, when you browse Releaf Pharmaceutical’s network, and you upload any personal information on our website, our provider is based in South Africa.
Our systems are not invulnerable to Zero Day attacks. (A Zero Day attack means the first type of attack of its kind). So, we cannot guarantee that any personal information you communicate to us will be secure. However, we take all precautions reasonably available to protect your personal information.
Among the many things we do to secure your personal information, we use the following essential protocols:
- All our computers are updated regularly;
- We employ firewalls and up-to-date anti-virus protection; and
- Our staff do not open links and documents from unsolicited emails.
So, if you are making contact with us for the first time, please do not send us PDF documents or open links in your emails.
If we suffer a breach of your personal information, we will immediately inform the Information Regulator of the breach. We will also let you know the nature and extent of that breach unless the Information Regulator requires us to wait for the completion of investigations into the breach.
And, of course, to the best of our ability, we will close the attack vector immediately.
Retention Of Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as you allow us to keep your information, for as long as the law requires us to keep such information or for as long as it is necessary to uphold the contract between you and Releaf Clinics.
If you request us to delete your personal information from our database, we will do so immediately. However, if you do not request us to delete your personal information, we will keep your information for three years after your last contact with Releaf Clinics or as stipulated above. We base the three-year limit on the Prescription Act 68 of 1969 which has a three-year prescription for debts.
If your personal information is used for more than one purpose, we will retain it until the purpose with the latest period expires. However, we will stop using it for a shorter period once that period expires.
By accessing and using our website, you consent to us retaining records of your personal information for no longer than may be necessary to achieve the purpose for which the information was initially collected or subsequently processed.
The General Policy Concerning the Use Of Personal Information
Releaf Clinics respects your privacy. We are committed to respecting your privacy per POPI and will strive to apply the protections accorded to personal information in any other legislation, local and international, which may be applicable.
Releaf Clinics uses your personal information for the following main purposes:
- To create and register your user account;
- To administer and process your purchases of our goods and services, which includes but are not limited to the acceptance of electronic payments and the shipping and/ or delivery of our goods and services.
- To keep in touch with you via emails, telephonically, SMSs and social media, on the condition that you consent to these communications (Please note that Releaf Clinics has an unsubscribe function on its emails and SMSs in the event you no longer wish to receive our newsletter and other email communications).
- To identify and verify your identity;
- To enter into a contract with you and to fulfil our contractual obligations;
- To gather feedback from you on how we need to develop our products and services and grow our business.
- To comply with any legal or regulatory obligations; and/ or
- To undertake research and statistical purposes.
Information Security and Quality
Releaf Clinics will protect the quality and integrity of your personal information at all times. You are also entitled to know what personal information Releaf Clinics keeps about you. To request access to your personal information and to assist Releaf Clinics to correct inaccuracies in your personal information please send an email to our Information Officer. The details of the Information Officer are set out at the end of this policy.
Sharing Of Information
We may provide or make your personal information available to our employees and/ or third-party service providers in the following circumstances:
- To enable them to assist us to interact with you via our website for the ordering of goods and services and/ or when shipping or delivering goods and services to you;
- When the disclosure of personal information is necessary or appropriate in connection with an investigation of fraud, intellectual property infringements, or other activity that is illegal or may expose us to legal liability or financial loss, to report or support the investigation into suspected illegal activity;
- In the event of any reorganisation, merger, consolation, sale, joint venture, or other disposition of any or all of our assets;
- When assisted by third parties with parts of our business operations; and/ or
- Our suppliers for them to liaise directly with you regarding any goods you have purchased or for any other purpose which may require their involvement.
Persons Under the Age Of 18
All users of our website that are below the age of 18 years must always obtain permission from their parent or guardian before they use our website or give us their personal information. We may investigate whether your parent or guardian has given you such permission. We may also investigate whether the contact details you have given us are correct and the details of a person who is your parent or guardian. If you are aware that you do not have the required permission of your parent or guardian or if we are not able to verify such permission or if a parent or guardian confirms that you do not have their permission, you are strictly prohibited from using our website.
It is important to know your rights, particularly those in terms of POPI. You have the right inter alia to:
- View, correct and/or amend the personal information we process;
- Request a record or description of your personal information;
- Request to have your personal information corrected, destroyed or deleted;
- Us complying with your requests upon receipt unless we have a credible reason why we cannot comply;
- Us indicating where, if we cannot agree whether to correct or delete your personal information as requested, that a correction or deletion was requested but was not made;
- Inform you if reasonably practicable, should we change your personal information, and this has an impact on decisions about you;
- Us notifying you of the action taken by us because of your request;
- Us notifying you of unauthorised access to your personal information;
- Us providing you with reasonable evidence of our compliance with our obligations under this policy on reasonable notice and request;
- Submit a complaint to the Information Regulator.
Opt-Out of Direct Marketing
You have the right to request us not to contact you for purposes of direct marketing by any form of electronic communication by “opting-out” of any direct marketing communications we may send to you.
Use of Personal Information Outside of South Africa
We may transfer certain personal information outside the geographic borders of South Africa to service providers for purposes set out above, including for data storage and backup purposes to ensure the integrity of our systems.
When we transfer your personal information outside of the geographic borders of South Africa, we will ensure that we do so per the requirements for lawful transfer outside of South Africa as set out in POPI.
By accessing and using our website, you consent to us transferring your personal information outside of South Africa as set out in POPI.
Questions and Complaints
Name: Lelani Rautenbauch
If you are unhappy with how we address your questions and complaints, you also have the right to refer a complaint to the Information Regulator at:
4th Floor, JD House, 27 Stiemens Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2001 P.O Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017
Complaints email: complaints.IR@justice.gov.za General enquiries email: firstname.lastname@example.org